Dra. Amaia Ramírez
Joined GCCC in 2018
Years of experience: Since 1997.
- Associate doctor. Dr. Bellmunt’s Medical Oncology team 2003-present
- Associate doctor. Hospitalization Coordinator, focused on breast and gynaecological tumors and assessment and prevention of cancer of hereditary predisposition. Insitut Universitari Dexeus. 2012- present
- Associate doctor. Hospitalization Coordinator, focused on breast tumors and urology, and assessment and prevention of cancer with hereditary predisposition. GCCC 360 Centre of Oncological Excellence. 2018-present
- Medical Oncology residence at Hospital Universitari de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau. Barcelona.1997-2001
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at Universidad de Navarra. 1996
Previous workplaces and positions
- Clinical trials scholar of the Medical Oncology Service. Hospital de Sant Pau. 2001
- Acting Assistant Physician, in charge of Genetic Counselling in Familial Cancer and Upper Digestive Tract areas. Medical Oncology Service. Hospital Sant Pau. 2001-2003
- Associate physician in Hematology-Oncology Service. Hospital Chiron Barcelona. 2003-2007
- Associate doctor, in charge of Genetic Counselling of Hereditary Predisposition Cancer area and Hospitalization and Oncology Screening Coordinator. Instituto Oncológico Teknon. 2007-2012
Principal investigator in two phase II and III clinical trials and co-investigator in four trials.
- Author of more than 9 publications in indexed journals.
- Co-author of 4 book chapters and guides on the specialty.
- Over 12 national conferences.
- Over 10 international congresses.
Visiting professor at the VI Master’s Degree in breast pathology. Ethical aspects of Genetic Counselling in Familial Cancer”. Hospital Clinic, Barcelona. 2002-2003.
Scientific societies / Committees
- Active participation in the committees for oesophageal-gastric cancer and pancreatic cancer at Hospital de Sant Pau.
- Collegiate No.32,368