Dr. Rafel Fuentes Raspall
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery and, subsequently, Doctorate in Medicine from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (Bellaterra). Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona.
Previous places of work and positions
- Specialisation in radiotherapy oncology at the radiotherapy and medical oncology department of the Vall d’Hebron Hospital in Barcelona.
- Assistant doctor in the Oncology Department of the Santa Caterina Hospital in Girona from February 1986 to December 2001.
- Subsequently, she became an assistant specialist doctor in the radiotherapy oncology service at the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO-Girona) from January 2002 to the present day.
- He has carried out various clinical, epidemiological and translational research projects.
- Publication of more than 80 scientific papers at regional, national and international level over all the years of professional life, preferably on lung cancer and tumours of the central nervous system, prostate cancer and lymphomas.
- He has spent time at the Brachytherapy Department of the Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (New York, USA), at the Academic Unit of the Royal Marsden Hospital in London (Prof A. Horwich) and at the Veliendre Hospital NHS Trust in Cardiff (regne Unit). All these stays and participations have been funded by competitive grants.
- Associate Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Girona (UdG) since 2009.
Scientific societies to which it belongs/Committees
- Member of the Spanish Society of Radiation Oncology (SEOR) and of the Brain Tumor Group of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).