As a specialist in urinary oncology, Dr. Maroto has collaborated in the development and implementation of different clinical guidelines at international, state and Catalan levels for kidney, penis, bladder, prostate and germ cell tumors treatment.
Years of experience: Since 1992.
- Medical oncologist. Mi Tres Torres.
- Associate doctor and Day Hospital and Research and New Therapies Area coordinator.
- Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.
- Oncology consultant. Puigvert Foundation.
- President of the Spanish Germinal Group. 1999 – present.
- Head of Medical Oncology Service. Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau. Barcelona.
- Doctor Cum Laude in Medicine and Surgery. Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. 1998.
- Residency in Medical Oncology at Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.1992 – 1995.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at Universidad de Santiago de Compostela. 1984-1990.
- Professor at Instituto Bonanova. TER training. 2008-2015.
Previous workplaces and positions
- Dexeus Clinic
- Teknon Clinic
- Clinic Quirón Barcelona
- Hospital Universitari de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
Dr. Maroto has developed intense clinical research work focused on phase I-IV clinical trials in tumours in urinary oncology area as principal investigator, participating in the development of new molecules and treatments, as well as in basic translational research.
More than 100 scientific articles. Co-author of Clinical Guidelines and Consensus Documents.