Dr. Ignasi Tusquets Trias de Bes
Breast medical oncologist with more than 40 years of experience. Joined 360 Centre of Oncological Excellence in 2021.
Years of experience: Since 1979.
- European Certification on Medical Oncology. 1990
- Medical Oncology Specialist at Hospital de la Esperanza. 1979 – 1983
- Doctorate. Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. Qualification: Cum Laude. 1987
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. Qualification: Excellent. 1979
Previous workplaces and positions
- Medical Oncology Specialist. MIR at Hospital de la Esperanza. 1979 – 1983
- Associate Physician. Medical Oncology Service at Hospital de la Esperanza. 1985-1991
- Head of Medical Oncology Service. Hospital del Mar (1992 until retirement).
- Private activity at Institut Universitari Dexeus, Institut Oncologic Teknon, Clínica Tres Torres, Clínica Corachan
- Associate Professor. Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Faculty of Health Sciences, Campus Mar, Barcelona. 2017 – 2019
- Associate Professor. Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Faculty of Medicine (Hospital del Mar). 2005 – 2017
- Breast Pathology Functional Unit Coordinator at Hospital del Mar. 2007 – 2013
- Head of Medical Oncology Service Section at Hospital del Mar. 1992 – 2019
- Associate Physician. Medical Oncology Service at Hospital de la Esperanza. 1985 – 1991
Member of the following Scientific Societies
- Sociedad Española de Oncología Médica (SEOM)
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Medical Oncology (ASCO)
- Spanish Breast Cancer Research Group (GEICAM). Board member until 2017
- Board Member of the ESMO Examination Working Group
- Associate No. 13437
- More than 30 years of experience as a researcher in clinical trials and translational research (fundamentally related to breast and ovarian cancer).
- Collaborating researcher in different translational and basic research projects (FIS, AECC, etc).
- Author of 130 scientific publications.